Crikey! Need more Australian dollars for your adventure Down Under? Or have you just come back from a bonza trip and want to get your foreign money changed back into Aussie dollars? Then you're in luck, because at Travel Money Oz we can sell you Aussie dollars either way!
The AUD is not only the currency of Australia, but also of Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Norfolk Island and the Pacific Island states of Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu - so if you're heading to any of these places down the road, change your money for some AUD before you go! Just find your nearest Travel Money Oz store and get your Australian dollar exchange done today.
AUD A$ or $
Cents & dollars - 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2
Dollars - $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
Did you know? AUD Currency Facts
- In 1966, the Australian dollar was introduced - replacing the previously used Australian pound
- The Aussie dollar was initially called the "royal" but the name was not true blue!
- Australia was the first country in the world to have their banknotes made from polymer
- Bronze 1c and 2c coins were removed from circulation in 1992
- They were melted down and used to create the bronze medals awarded in the 2000 Sydney Olympics
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz