And you’ve got to try it to believe it! Explore over 200 islands and cays. Dive for sunken Spanish galleons. Feed and swim with reef sharks. Trot up and down the beach on horseback. Wade through salt water flats for some bonefish. Or go on a jeep, scooter or biking tour. No matter what you do in the Bahamas, make sure you take enough BSD with you to enjoy it all. Believe us – you’re going to want to do it all!
The dollar has been the currency of the Bahamas since 1966, and it is pegged to the USD on a 1:1 basis. You’ll find many tourism businesses will accept US dollars, and the casinos will only accept USD as payment. Permission is required from the Central Bank of The Bahamas to import local currency, and you can export a maximum of B$200 per person (in banknotes). The import and export of foreign currency is unlimited, so if you don’t want to take BSD with you, you can always exchange your Aussie dollars for USD and take that instead.
If you want to get your BSD (or USD) sorted before your trip, you can order your foreign exchange at any of our 120+ stores in Australia or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1, 5, 10, 15, 25, 50c; $1, $2, $5
$1/2, $1, $3, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
How do I get my BSD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? BSD Currency Facts
- The B$100 note is called a “blue marlin” by locals because it shows the national fish on the back
- In 2005, CRISP banknotes were introduced. CRISP stands for Counterfeit Resistant Integrated Security Product.
- The 25c coin has a picture of a native sloop (a sailing boat) on it
- A few years ago, images of prominent Bahamians replaced the image of Queen Elizabeth II (Head of State) on all Bahamas banknotes
- This is changing back again, with the Queen’s portrait appearing back on the B$10 note recently
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
Need to exchange BSD to AUD?
Have some Bahamas Dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!