From the pearling past of Bahrain’s capital, Manama, to herds of oryx at the Al Areen Wildlife Park and Reserve, Bahrain offers something for everyone. Visit the Formula 1 Racetrack, get lost in the warren of Manama Souq, go pearl fishing at Al Dar Islands, or get educated at the Oil Museum. Whether you’re just stopping over or staying for a while, you’ll find that some Bahraini Dinars will come in handy either way.
The Bahraini dinar replaced the Gulf Rupee at the currency of Bahrain in 1965, and it is pegged to the Saudi Riyal at a rate of 1:10. Riyals are also accepted in Bahrain, with the exception of the 500 Riyal note. The BHD is also pegged to the USD at a rate of 0.376 BHD to 1USD. 1 BHD is subdivided into 1,000 fils. There are no restrictions on importing or exporting local or foreign currency when visiting Bahrain, however you may find it easier to change leftover dinars back to your local currency, or to USD, before you leave rather than when you get home.
If you want to get your BHD sorted before your trip, you can order your foreign exchange at any of our 120+ stores in Australia or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience
BHD .د.ب (Arabic) or BD (Latin)
5, 10, 25, 50, 100; BD ½ (500 fils)
BD ½, 1, 5, 10, 20
How do I get my BHD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? BHD Currency Facts
- The Central Bank of Bahrain, established in 2006, is responsible for maintaining monetary and financial stability in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- The BD1 note depicts an image of Bahrain’s first school – Al Hedaya Al Kahlifiya
- Bahrain is a cash-based society and credit or debit cards are not often used for small purchases
- 5 and 10 fils coins are rarely used and the 500 fils coin was discontinued in 2011 after the revolution of Bahrain
- In 2008, a new series of banknotes was introduced to reflect the old and new development of Bahrain (heritage meets modern)
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to BHD exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your BHD exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange BHD to AUD?
Have some Bahrain Dinars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!