A semi-tropical paradise. A turquoise sea. An adventure with beauty. Sunsets on pink-sand beaches. All of this, and more, awaits you on a holiday to Bermuda. And whether you plan to scuba-dive shipwrecks and coral reefs, or play a round on a world-class golf course, some Bermudian dollars will go a long way to making it a picture-perfect holiday.
The Bermudian dollar, the official currency of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda since 1970, is pegged to the USD at a rate of 1:1. Both currencies are used in Bermuda on an equal basis, so you can exchange AUD for either one before you go. The BMD is subdivided into 100 cents, just like the USD. There are no restrictions on brining BMD into Bermuda, but you are limited to taking out BD$250 when you leave. If you bring in a foreign currency, like USD, there are no limits as long as it is declared upon arrival.
If you want to get your BMD (or USD) sorted before your trip, you can order your foreign exchange at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1, 5, 10, 25, 50c; $1, $5
$2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
How do I get my BMD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? BMD Currency Facts
- Instead of being pegged to the pound sterling (as a British territory), the BMD is pegged to the USD to make it more convenient for all of the American tourists and businesses in Bermuda
- In 2009, BMD notes were completely redesigned for the first time since 1970. The new designs feature vertical notes, and the old-style horizontal notes are no longer legal tender
- The new $2 note, with the Bermuda Bluebird on the front, is ranked among the 9 most beautiful banknotes in the world
- Prior to 1970, Bermuda’s currency was officially the Bermuda Sterling
- All Bermuda coins depict the UK Monarch on the obverse
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
Need to exchange BMD to AUD?
Have some Bermudian Dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!