Vivacious, yet peaceful. Modern, yet timeless. Magnificent, yet traditional. Brunei is a fusion of paradoxes. And, whether you plan to explore the beauty of Ulu Temburong National Park, marvel at the 52m minaret of the Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, or discover the stilt villages of Kampong Ayer, you will find a need for Brunei dollars while you are there.
A currency interchangeability agreement exists between Singapore and Brunei. This means that the Singapore dollar can be used at par to the Brunei dollar in Brunei, and vice versa. There are no restrictions on bringing BND into Brunei, but there are restrictions on brining foreign currency into the country – you can bring a maximum of B$1,000 in the equivalent of SGD banknotes, and the banknotes of India are prohibited from being brought into Brunei.
If you have any questions around taking BND (or another currency) into Brunei, you can get all the help you need from one of our Travel Money Experts instore. Alternatively, you can order your BND online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1, 5, 10, 20, 50c
$1, $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, $100, $500, $1,000, $10,000
How do I get my BND?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? BND Currency Facts
- Early currency used in Brunei included cowrie shells and bronze teapots
- All BND banknotes bear the denomination in Malay and in English
- Polymer notes were introduced in 2004 due to the high amount of forgery that existed in Brunei
- A number of commemorative banknotes have been released in line with anniversaries of the Currency Interchangeability Agreement with Singapore
- All BND banknotes have a rainforest design theme
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to BND exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your BND exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange BND to AUD?
Have some Brunei Dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!