From the unbelievable ruins of Angkor, to beautiful temples, secluded beaches, genuine locals and pleasant villages, a holiday in Cambodia promises to be magical. While we don’t keep stock of Cambodian riels in our stores, if you’re lucky enough to be heading there for your next adventure, we can do a special order of riels for you (with enough notice) before you go.
US dollars are also widely accepted in Cambodia, so that is another foreign currency exchange option for you. We can organise one or the other for you, or you can decide to take a bit of both – either way, we can help you organise your FX before you go.
If you’re going to be travelling to rural areas of Cambodia, you will need KHR, so keep this in mind when arranging your FX. If you decide to use USDs in urban Cambodia, you will receive change in KHR as US coins are not in circulation in the country. A maximum of US$10,000 (or equivalent) is allowed to be imported or exported into, or out of, Cambodia, and any amounts exceeding this value must be declared.
If you have any questions around taking KHR (or another currency) into Cambodia, you can get all the help you need from one of our Travel Money Experts instore. Unfortunately you can’t order your KHR through our website, but if you give us a week or two’s notice, we can definitely arrange this for you in one of our 120+ stores in Australia.
50, 100, 200, 500 riels
50, 100, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 riels
How do I get my KHR?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? KHR Currency Facts
- It is a popular belief that the name ‘Riel’ comes from the Mekong River fish, but it is more likely to have come from the Mexican Real which was used in Cambodia in the mid-19th century
- In some border towns, such as Koh Kang or Ha Tien, you may be able to use the currency of the neighbouring country – THB or VND
- Khmer is the traditional name of Cambodia, so the currency is also known as the Khmer Riel
- ATMs in Cambodia dispense both KHR and USD
- The 1,000 and 2,000 KHR banknotes are the most popular in use
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to KHR exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your KHR exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange KHR to AUD?
Have some Cambodia Riels left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!