Offering a unique combination of stunning landscapes, ancient coastal towns, summertime sun, striking architecture, incredible seafood and glistening beaches, the allure of Croatia is unmistakeable, and we completely get why it’s your next holiday destination! Just make sure you pack some kuna’s with you so that you can enjoy magical Dubrovnik, party in Hvar Town, have a sundowner at a cliff-face bar or go island hopping.
Croatia joined the EU in 2013, and plans to adopt the Euro – but who knows when! For now, the Croatian kuna is the country’s official currency. The exchange rate for the kuna is fixed and tied to the euro, and while some businesses are happy to accept euros as payment, this is not official practice. If you arrive in Croatia from an EU country (or depart to one), there are no restrictions on the amount of HRK or foreign currency you can import or export. But, if you arrive from (or go to) anywhere else in the world, amounts exceeding EUR 10,000 (or the equivalent) must be declared upon arrival or departure.
If you want to get your HRK sorted before your holiday, you can order your foreign exchange at any of our 120+ stores in Australia or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 lipa; 1, 2, 5, 25 kn
5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1,000 kn
How do I get my HRK?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? HRK Currency Facts
- The word “kuna” means “ marten” in Croatian, since it is based on the use of marten pelts as units of value during medieval trading
- 1 kuna is subdivided into 100 lipa
- The 5 kn note is no longer in circulation, but it is still legal tender
- In 1994 the kuna replaced the dinar, at a rate of 1:1,000, as the currency of Croatia
- In the Middle Ages, many foreign currencies were used in Croatia, but a local currency has been in use since at least 1018
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to HRK exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your HRK exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange HRK to AUD?
Have some Croatia Kunas left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!