Whether you’re cycling through Copenhagen, discovering Scandinavian dining such as musk ox or skyr curd, visiting Legoland in Jutland or heading to the Roskilde Music Festival, you will find that a few Danish Kroner will come in handy for whatever it is you plan to do on your Denmark holiday. Luckily, at Travel Money Oz, we can help you organise your DKK before you go, so you don’t need to take up any holiday time doing it when you get there!
Sometimes referred to as the Danish Crown, DKK is the official currency of Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. The euro has not been adopted by Denmark, but the krone is pegged to it. Greenland uses the DKK as its sole official currency, while the Faroe Islands use a localised, non-independent version of it, known as Faroese krona, pegged at par to the DKK. Their coins are identical to the DKK< but their banknotes are different.
Importing or exporting local or foreign currency is restricted to EUR 10,000 (or the equivalent). Any amounts above this that are brought into Denmark, or taken out, must be declared.
If you want to get your DKK sorted before your holiday, you can order your foreign exchange at any of our 120+ stores in Australia or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
50 ore, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 kr
50, 100, 200, 500, 1,000 kr
How do I get my DKK?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? DKK Currency Facts
- DKK coins are all different in size, weight and trim so that they are easily distinguishable from each other by the visually impaired
- The 100 kr note is sometimes called a hund (dog), as it is short for hundrede (100)
- Denmark has previously said they want to eliminate cash altogether and have an all-electronic economy
- The 1, 2 & 5 kr coins have a hole in the middle of them
- All DKK banknotes have a bridge theme to them, representing a link between the different parts of Denmark, or between the past and the present
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to DKK exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your DKK exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange DKK to AUD?
Have some Denmark Krones left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!