333 islands to explore with white sand beaches, soft coral diving, swaying palms, blue lagoons... sounds a bit like paradise right? If Fiji is the paradise you've chosen for your next holiday, you'll need some Fiji dollars to spend on cocktails, snorkelling gear, day cruises and more. And at Travel Money Oz, we can help you organise your FJD at the best exchange rate available!
The Fiji dollar - the official currency of Fiji since 1969 - is divided into 100 cents, and has both coins and notes in circulation. Prior to 2013, the notes and coins featured images of Queen Elizabeth II, but after this the colourful banknotes showed images of flora and fauna, and the first polymer banknotes were introduced.
When you visit Fiji, there is no limit to the amount of currency that you can bring into the Islands, and you can take out currency up to the amount you brought in. Tipping is not expected in Fiji, but a smile and a simple "vinaka" (thank you) will be appreciated.
If you're not sure on how much FJD you might need for your break in paradise, speak to one of our Travel Money Experts in any of our 130+ stores in Australia. Or, if you've already sorted your budget - order online whenever you want and pick up your FJD from your closest Travel Money Oz store.
FJD FJ$ or $
Cents & dollars - 1c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2
Dollars - $2, $5, $10, $20, $100, $500
How do I get my FJD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? FJD Currency Facts
- Queen Elizabeth II has the high title of Supreme Head of the Great Council of Chiefs of Fiji, and many local coins still have her image on them
- Some of the flora and fauna chosen to feature on the notes and coins are so unique that they are only found in Fiji!
- The currency is the same throughout the 333 islands that make up Fiji, but don't be surprised if prices increase in the more remote areas
- The Fijian economy relies heavily on tourists spending their FJDs - Fiji receives up to 500,000 tourists per year, and they love that you are coming to visit!
- FJD might be the official currency in Fiji, but USD is also readily accepted at most businesses
Want to see how far your Fiji dollars will take you? Check out our Travel Money Guide here for expert tips and destination costs.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to FJD exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your FJD exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange FJD to AUD?
Have some Fiji dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!