Norway is a once-in-a-lifetime destination - it is simply one of the most beautiful countries on each, with remarkable landscapes, steep-sided fjords, magnificent glaciers, polar bears, reindeer and musk oxen, cosmopolitan cities, and Scandinavian sophistication. Whether you want to explore the Lofoten Islands, go on a wildlife safari in Svalbard, roam an art gallery in Bergen, or witness the Northern Light, while you are in Norway, you won't want to waste any time worrying about your travel money - so why not let us help you organise your Norwegian Krone before you go?
Foreign currency is rarely accepted in Norway, but you will find that cash is no longer king and credit or debit cards are widely accepted. So, while it is a good idea to still have a bit of cash on you, you may find that a pre-paid travel money card is useful too! You can bring up to NOK 25,000 (or equivalent) of local or foreign currency into Norway. Anything more than this must be declared. The same restriction applies when leaving the country after your trip.
If you want to get your NOK sorted before your holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1, 5, 10, 20 kr
50 kr, 100 kr, 200 kr, 500 kr, 1,000 kr
How do I get my NOK?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? NOK Currency Facts
- NOK is also the currency used in Svalbard, Jan Mayen, Bouvet Island, Queen Maud Land and Peter I Island
- Up to 25 coins of any single denomination is considered tvungent betalingsmiddel - a legally recognised method of payment which cannot be refused
- The NOK is informally accepted in many shops in Sweden and Finland that are close to the Norwegian border, and also at Danish ferry ports
- The krone was introduced in 1875 when Norway joined the Scandinavian Monetary Union
- The 50 ore coin has been out of circulation since 2012 but Norges Bank will redeem the coins until May 2022
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to NOK exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your NOK exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange NOK to AUD?
Have some Norway Kroner left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!