Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world with over 800 known spoken languages. English, Tok Pisin (Pidgin) and Hiri Motu are the official languages spoken today. This country boasts an abundance of wildlife, tropical rainforests and mountainous terrain. Whether you are visiting Papua New Guinea to experience the famous Kokoda Track or you are exploring the striking natural beauty of the main land or the six hundred islands that make up this untouched paradise, then you will need some Papua New Guinea Kina on your travels.
If you want to get your PGK sorted before your holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
K1, 5, 10, 20, 50
K2, K5, K10, K20, K50, K100
How do I get my PGK?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? PGK Currency Facts
- The kina was introduced on 19 April 1975, replaced the Australian dollar at par.
- The term Kina comes from the Tolai area of Kuanua and refers to a precious pearl shell widely used in the area for buying and selling.
- There are currently no restrictions in place when entering Papua New Guinea with Kina or other foreign currency however amounts exceeding PGK 20,000 or equivalent must be declared.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to PGK exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your PGK exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange PGK to AUD?
Have some Papua New Guinea Kinaj left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!