Qatar is a dynamic modern country built on the foundations of its deep cultural roots. Whether you are taking in the major sights of Doha, or visiting the world heritage listed Al Zubarah Fort, there is no shortage of things to do in Qatar.
You can explore and discover a range of remarkable sights and experiences including natural wonders and cultural treasures. And while you do, you may find it handy to have some Qatari Riyal on you so you can enjoy all of it without worrying about exchange rates and changing money.
There are currently no restrictions or limitations on bringing QAR or foreign currency into Qatar, except for Israeli currency which is currently prohibited.
If you want to get your QAR sorted before your holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience. If you are bringing QAR into Australia, our Travel Money Experts can also help you out with exchanging those into AUD – just visit any of our 120+ stores in Australia for today’s sell rate.
QAR QR, ر.ق
1, 5, 10, 25, 50
﷼1, ﷼5, ﷼10, ﷼50, ﷼100, ﷼50
How do I get my QAR?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? QAR Currency Facts
- Until 1966, Qatar used the Indian rupee as currency, in the form of Gulf rupees.
- When India devalued the rupee in 1966, Qatar, along with the other states using the Gulf rupee, chose to introduce its own currency.
- Following Dubai's entrance into the Uniate Arab Emirates, Qatar began issuing the the Qatari riyal separate from Dubai on 19 May 1973. The old notes continued to circulate in parallel for 90 days, at which time they were withdrawn.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to QAR exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your QAR exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange QAR to AUD?
Have some Qatar Riyals left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!