Catwalk couture, mouth-watering cuisine, glitzy hotels, Singapore slings and Chinatown traditions await you in Singapore, but don't forget to get your dollars before you go!
Whether you're heading to Singapore for a retail joyride, a cityscape break or for your fix of cross-cultural experiences, you're going to need some Singapore dollars ready to go, and at Travel Money Oz we can offer you great rates on your AUD to SGD exchange.
The Singapore dollar is the official currency of Singapore, and has been since 1965 when Singapore became an independent nation and replaced the previously used Malaya and British Borneo dollar.
The dollar is divided into 100 cents, and is often called the "Sing". The Singapore dollar is accepted in Brunei as well as Singapore, and likewise, the Brunei dollar is accepted in Singapore.
To get your foreign exchange organised before you go, just speak to one of our Travel Money Experts in any of our 130+ stores in Australia. Or, you can also order online whenever you want and pick up your SGD from your closest Travel Money Oz store.
SGD S$ or $
Cents & dollars - 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1
Dollars - $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500, $1000
How do I get my SGD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? SGD Currency Facts
- The entire lyrics of the national anthem are printed in microtext on the back of the $1000 note. Can you read it?
- The tree on the green $5 note is the Tembusa tree, which stands tall in the Botanic Gardens, and has done so since 1859.
- During WWII, the Japanese occupied Singapore and introduced their own currency. This became known as "Banana Money" because of the banana tree images on the $10 note.
- If all the SGD notes in circulation were put side by side, they would go around Singapore's coastline 633 times.
- Chinese merchants introduced the first documented currency in Singapore in the 8th century AD.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to SGD exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your SGD exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange SGD to AUD?
Have some Singapore dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!