A haven for eco-tourists and outdoorsy types, the Solomon Islands are a nation of hundreds of islands in the South Pacific which are remarkably untouched. While you are there you can explore remote islands of exotic beauty, dive amongst WWII wrecks, surf uncrowded waves, climb extinct volcanos and snorkel pristine reefs littered with dozens of sunken warships. Step back in time and discover this hidden paradise which is only 3 hours from Australia. You will be sure to receive a warm Pacific welcome.
Whether you are visiting Honiara or staying in a traditional guesthouse on a hideaway beach, you will need some Solomon Islander dollar for your stay and at Travel Money Oz, we can make sure you have the best deal on your foreign exchange before you go.
If you want to get your SBD sorted before your island holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience. If you are bringing VUV into Australia, our Travel Money Experts can also help you out with exchanging those into AUD – just visit any of our 120+ stores in Australia for today’s sell rate.
10, 20, 50 cents, $1, $2
$5, $10, $20, $50 and $100
How do I get my SBD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? SBD Currency Facts
- The Solomon Islands dollar was introduced in 1977 following independence. Prior to this they used the Australian pound sterling
- All the coins of Solomon Island currently bear the portrait of the country’s head of state, Elizabeth II, Queen of Solomon Islands.
- All of the bank notes depict scenes of traditional daily life and things that are culturally important in the Solomon Islands, with each note pertaining to a particular theme.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to SBD exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your SBD exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange SBD to AUD?
Have some Solomon Islands Dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!