In South Korea you can explore a mix of high tech cities, coastal fishing villages, and green country-side dotted with cherry trees. Whether you are visiting the 24hr city of Seoul, the historic city of Gyeongju or the beautiful Jeju Island, you will be amazed by the rich culture, delicious cuisine and friendly welcome from the people of South Korea.
When you arrive in South Korea, any amounts over KRW 8,000,000 (or USD 10,000 equivalent in foreign currency) must be declared. The same restriction applies when you leave.
If you want to get your KRW sorted before your island holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
If you are bringing KRW into Australia, our Travel Money Experts can also help you out with exchanging those into AUD – just visit any of our 120+ stores in Australia for today’s sell rate.
₩1, ₩5, ₩10, ₩50, ₩100, ₩500
₩1000, ₩5000, ₩10000, ₩50000
How do I get my KRW?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? KRW Currency Facts
- The South Korean Won was first introduced in 1945. A single won is divided into 100 jeon. The jeon is no longer used for everyday transactions, and appears only in foreign exchange rates.
- The South Korean won was initially pegged to the US Dollar at a rate of 15 won = 1 dollar
- In 2006 the government issued a new series of bank notes with increased security features to combat counterfeiting. The 50,000 won note now has 22 security features.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to KRW exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your KRW exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange KRW to AUD?
Have some South Korea Won left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!