Deserted beaches, remote islands, ancient culture, world-class diving, bubbling Mount Yasur volcano, laid-back and friendly people... the 80-plus island archipelago of Vanuatu is a holiday you will never forget. Whether you are visiting by cruise ship, island hopping or staying at a beach resort, you will need some Vatu's while you are there, and we can help you arrange these before you go so that you have one less thing to worry about while you are on holiday.
The introduction of the Vatu in 1981 saw the end of the official circulation of the Aussie dollar in Vanuatu, so now when you visit you should exchange your AUD for VUV before you go, because Aussie dollars are no longer readily accepted across the islands. When you arrive in Vanuatu, any amounts over VUV 1,000,000 (or equivalent in foreign currency) must be declared. The same restriction applies for when you leave.
If you want to get your VUV sorted before your island holiday, you can order your FX at any of our stores or order it online whenever you want and just pick up instore at your convenience.
1VT, 2VT, 5VT, 10VT, 20VT, 50VT, 100VT
200VT, 500VT, 1000VT, 2000VT, 5000VT, 10,000VT
How do I get my VUV?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? VUV Currency Facts
- Vanuatu's first post-colonial coin was a 50VT coin introduced in 1981 to commemorate independence
- In 20011, the 1 and 2VT coins ceased to be issued, and prices in stores are now rounded to the nearest 5VT
- Many communities in Vanuatu continue to use traditional items of value, like pigs and boar tusks, for ceremonial business
- In some Vanuatu languages, 10VT is known as "one shilling" and 200VT is referred to as "one pound", referring back to the historical rate of the vatu against the pound
- The 10,000VT note was issued in 2010, but as of 2013 it is no longer in circulation
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to VUV exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your VUV exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange VUV to AUD?
Have some Vanuatu Vatu left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!