Top-flight sushi in Tokyo, skiing in Hokkaidō, climbing Mt Fuji, soaking up the beauty of the magnificent Himeji-jō castle...
If the delicious contrasts of Japan await you on your next trip, you're going to need some Yen to go with it! And at Travel Money Oz we can get you great rates on AUD to JPY foreign exchange.
The Yen (or "round coin") is the official currency of Japan, and the third most traded in the world. No other currency in Asia is more heavily traded than the JPY.
The most commonly used bills are the ¥1000, ¥2000, ¥5000 and ¥10,000, while the most commonly used coins are ¥1, ¥5, ¥10, ¥50, ¥100 and ¥500.
So, while you're planning your temple visits or booking your Niseko ski resort, make sure you're budgeting your Yen with your Travel Money Experts online or at any of our 130+ stores across Australia.
JPY ¥ or 円
Unholed - ¥1, ¥10, ¥100, ¥500; Holed - ¥5, ¥50
¥1000, ¥2000, ¥5000 and ¥10,000
How do I get my JPY?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? JPY Currency Facts
- The word "Yen" comes from the Spanish dollar coins that were introduced into Japan in the 18th century
- It is pronounced as "en" in Japanese (so now you don't have to sound too Aussie when you're there!)
- The ¥1 coin is made from 100% aluminium and can float
- The ¥5 and ¥50 coins have holes in the middle of them to make them harder to counterfeit
- Japanese coins don't show the date they were first minted but rather the current year of the Emperor's reign
Want to see how far your Japanese Yen will take you? Check out our Travel Money Guide here for expert tips and destination costs.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
Need to exchange JPY to AUD?
Have some Japan yen left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!