As of 1 March 2017, the Travel Money Oz Best Price Guarantee replaced the former Best Rates Guarantee. For more information on the Best Rates Guarantee, please click here.
Any rate, we'll beat it!+
With our Best Price Guarantee, whether you are buying or selling your foreign currency, we guarantee to beat any Australian competitor's overall transaction price by $1AUD, or we will give you $100AUD+. Our guarantee applies to all the foreign currencies traded at Travel Money Oz.
What do we need from you?
Simply bring us an official written quotation or show us a published rate available to the public from a competitor on the same calendar day and before making any transaction. Visit us in store for full details or read the terms and conditions below.
+Terms and conditions apply. Travel Money Currency Exchange Pty Ltd trading as Travel Money Oz. ABN 46 121 451 723.
Terms and Conditions:
- Travel Money Oz guarantees to beat any competitor’s overall transaction price of exchange by the equivalent of $1AUD, if the rate is an official written quotation or a published rate available to the public. Quote or published rate must be presented to us on the same day as it was created and prior to making any transaction with us or the competitor. The rate of exchange is based on the overall transaction cost and includes but is not limited to fees, charges, commissions or levies charged on the transaction.
- A competitor is defined as an Australian registered business or website.
- In the instance Travel Money Oz is unable to beat a competitor’s quote, the customer is entitled to receive the equivalent of $100AUD payable in the form of a Key to the World Currency Card+. Should the customer already hold a Key to the World Currency Card, the funds will be loaded on to their existing card. The Key to the World Currency Card is a financial product and as such has terms and conditions associated with its issuance and use. These terms and conditions can be viewed in the product disclosure statement (PDS) available online at www.keytotheworld.com.au or in hard copy at any Travel Money Oz store. Only one Key to the World Currency Card can be issued per customer in total.
- A practical example of an instance where Travel Money Oz may not be able to beat a competitor’s price is when the competitor’s price is more than or equal to 5% better than the price at which Travel Money Oz buys its wholesale currency for.
- Proof of the better price must be provided by official written quotation from the competitor, or must be published as an available price to the general public on the provider's website or marketing materials. The competitor must have the currency quoted in stock and available to complete the transaction on the day the claim is made.
- Quotations must state the specific time and date of the quote and be given to us prior to making a transaction to allow comparison in real terms against the current days opening mid-market rate. Travel Money Oz reserves the right to verify the quote electronically, in person or via telephone with that provider. We will not be required to beat a quote if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Due to the daily fluctuations of the rate of exchange a ‘Best Rate’ claim can only be made on the same calendar day to ensure a fair and consistent competitor comparison.
- 'Lowest cost', 'Best Price', ‘Overall Transaction Price’ and 'Best Rate' are defined as the lowest "real cost" charged for a transaction at any given rate. This includes fees that other providers call 'Fees', and fees that are hidden in the rate mark-up. So in other words, for a given exchange rate, Travel Money Oz will guarantee the maximum amount of foreign currency paid out (or vice versa in the case of foreign currency buy transaction).
- The best price guarantee applies to competitors who are deemed to be foreign exchange retailers / Bureau De Change operators whether online or from a physical location. It does not apply to a competitor’s quote based on exchanges made using foreign exchange derivative products, or available via foreign exchange trading products whether online, in person or via a broker.
- Should an instance occur where a customer finds a variation in exchange rate between the Travel Money Oz website and a physical store location, or between various Travel Money Oz locations, the best price applicable within that comparison will be offered to the customer.
- The best price guarantee only applies to buy and / or sell transactions of foreign currency notes. MoneyGram, Key to the World Currency Card and Cover-more Travel Insurance are excluded from the offer.
- Competitor quotations must be available to a member of the general public and not exclusive to a closed user group.
- The maximum claim (exchange transaction value) a customer may make under the best rate guarantee is $5000 AUD or its equivalent in foreign currency at the competitor’s rate, which is being beaten.