Whether you plan to embrace Broadway in the Big Apple, hula in Hawaii, get star-struck in Hollywood or place your bets in Vegas, you're going to need some US dollars to do it all.
The US dollar - the USD, the US$, the dollar, a buck - is the official currency of the United States and several other countries and regions outside of the USA, including the Caribbean, Ecuador and El Salvador.
So if you're heading to any of these places for your next holiday make sure you take some bucks with you, and get the best AUD to USD exchange rate from any of our 130+ Travel Money Oz stores or online.
The US dollar comes in 7 different denominations - 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills. Coins aren't nearly as common as they are here in Oz, but you may hear a lot about nickels (5 cent coin), dimes (10 cent coin) and quarters (25 cent coin).
The notes are also similar colours and sizes, so it's a good idea to organise your bills in order of value so that you don't hand over $100 when you should really be giving them a tenner.
USD US$ or $
Cents - 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c
Dollars - $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
How do I get my USD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? USD Currency Facts
- US$ are also called dough, bread, scratch, moolah, cheddar, smackers, simoleons, duckets and spondulicks. Got all that?
- The $1 bill makes up 45% of all bills produced and is the most popular denomination of the US currency
- $2 notes haven't been issued since 2003, but they are still accepted as legal tender
- Martha Washington is the only woman whose portrait has appeared on the US banknote - lucky gal!
- The Secret Service was initially established in 1865 to fight counterfeit money production
Want to see how far your USD will take you overseas? Check out our Travel Money Guide here for expert tips and destination costs.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to USD exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your USD exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange USD to AUD?
Have some USA Dollars left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!