Quaint villages, temple-topped mountains, vibrant cities, powerful river gorges... the offerings of China are endless. Whether your Chinese adventure will include the must-see Great Wall of China, Giant Pandas in Chengdu, or the Forbidden City of Beijing, you will need some Chinese Yuan Renminbi while you are there. And at Travel Money Oz, we can help you organise your CNY at the best exchange rate available!
The Chinese Yuan Renminbi - or the Yuan for short - is the official currency of China, and is divided into 10 Jiao (角) and 100 Fen. The Yuan is issued in banknotes of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100.
The Yuan is quite different to the Aussie dollar, so remember to check the notes you are handing over. And remember that while Hong Kong is officially part of China, the city is economically separate and uses the Hong Kong dollar as its currency. Some businesses may accept CNY in Hong Kong - or vice versa - but don't count on it, and make sure you get the right currency for your destination!
If you are unsure of what you need, just speak to one of our Travel Money Experts in any of our 130+ stores in Australia. Or, if you've already sorted your budget - order online whenever you want and pick up your CNY from your closest Travel Money Oz store.
CNY ¥ - Yuan; 角 - Jiao
¥0.1, ¥0.5, ¥1
¥0.1, ¥0.5, ¥1, ¥5, ¥10, ¥20, ¥50, ¥100
How do I get my CNY?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? CNY Currency Facts
- The Yuan is colloquially known as a "kuai" - a "lump", as originally it was a lump of silver
- Renminbi is literally translated as "the people's currency"
- In the late 1970's 10 fen could buy you 1kg of crabs in China. Now it takes about 100 yuan, as prices have risen over 1000 times during this 40 year period
- 80% of bitcoin is exchanged for CNY (as at March 2015)
- Chinese people invented the first paper money in the 9th century
Want to see how far your CNY will take you? Check out our Travel Money Guide here for expert tips and destination costs.
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to CNY exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your CNY exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange CNY to AUD?
Have some China yuan left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!