Heading to England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland? Brill! Then you're going to need some pound sterlings - or some quids as the Brits like to say!
The pound is the oldest currency in the world that is still in use - and it's been in continuous usage since it was launched. Isn't that just the bee's knees!
And besides being the official currency of the United Kingdom, it's also the currency used in Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, the British Antarctic Territory, Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands and a few more.
So before you say "cheerio" and get on the big jet plane to any of these places, make sure you exchange your AUD for GBP online or at your nearest Travel Money Oz store.
The pound is subdivided into 100 pence (pennies), and while we won't be able to give you any of those, we can give you a range of banknote denominations to set you off on your trip with a variety of quid.
Pence & pounds - 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
Pounds - £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
How do I get my GBP?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 1300 426 997.
Did you know? GBP Currency Facts
- The currency is actually older than England itself - it originated in the Kingdom of Mercia in the 8th century, a country which exists in what is now the centre of England
- Around 980AD, £1 could buy you about 15 heads of cattle. Steak anyone?
- The first pound banknotes - released in 1694 - were originally handwritten! Ouch!
- An image of the reigning monarch of the UK has appeared on GBP coins for at least 1000 years
- As a member of the European Union, the UK can adopt the euro as its currency but has so far opted out and kept its own currency
Why exchange with Travel Money Oz
- We make your AUD to GBP exchange simple
- Exchange at your convenience - we are open late and on weekends
- Or order your GBP exchange online 24-7 and collect instore
- We don't charge fees and commission on cash or EFTPOS foreign currency transactions online or instore
- We offer a Best Rate Guarantee+
Need to exchange GBP to AUD?
Have some UK pounds left over from your trip and aren't sure what to do with them?
We can help you with that too! Just visit us in store for our best rates and we'll gladly put Aussie dollars back in your pocket!