Budget planning tool
Punch in your holiday deets in the tool below to help you plan your spending money.
On foreign exchange rates when you order with Travel Money Oz.
Pick up locally
Pick up your Bermudian dollars with no hassles from one of our many stores across Australia.
Planning your trip to Bermuda
Holiday Budget Calculator
We get it, doing your holiday budget is a snore fest. It's important though, so we've made it super easy for you to do now. Just punch in your holiday deets and we'll combine destination spend data with our exchange rates so you know how much to take. Easy peasy budget donesy!
About the currency
Coins and notes
The BMD is subdivided into 100 cents, just like the USD. Bermuda coins are circulated in 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c and 50c pieces.
If you’re lucky enough to come across the commemorative “Bermuda triangle” coin (a triangular coin minted in silver and gold), hang on to it! These pieces are regarded as collectors’ items.
Since 1970, Bermuda notes have been available in $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 denominations.
Facts about the currency
- Instead of being pegged to the pound sterling (as a British territory), the BMD is pegged to the USD to make it more convenient for all of the American tourists and businesses in Bermuda.
- In 2009, BMD notes were completely redesigned for the first time since 1970. The new designs feature vertical notes, and the old-style horizontal notes are no longer legal tender.
- The new $2 note, with the Bermuda Bluebird on the front, is ranked among the 9 most beautiful banknotes in the world.
- Prior to 1970, Bermuda’s currency was officially the Bermuda sterling.
- All Bermuda coins depict the UK monarch on the obverse side.
Check out our AUD to BMD chart above to find out how the Bermuda exchange rate stacks up against the Aussie dollar. If you’re in the process of deciding when to visit Bermuda, adjust the date range to see recent trends and an overview of the AUD to BMD exchange rate history. If you’re trying to keep an eye on how the currencies compare, sign up for currency alerts.