You are here

Travel Insurance FAQs

How do I make a claim?

The easiest way to make a claim with CoverMore is to use the online claims tool. Simply head to where you can complete your online claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need further assistance with your claim please contact CoverMore Travel Insurance on 1300362644.

Why do I need travel insurance?

Travelling is supposed to be fun. However, accidents happen. And when they do, they can ruin both your trip and your finances. But with travel insurance, you don't have to worry about unexpected incidents. Whether your flight experiences delays, you lose your bags, or you become ill mid-trip, having a valid travel insurance policy can help when you need it most. Remember the old saying,  "if you can't afford insurance, you can't afford to travel!". Please take a read of the Product Disclosure Statement to make sure it's for you.

Can I purchase travel insurance at Travel Money Oz?

Absolutely. We know that organising insurance isn't the most exciting part of a holiday but it is an essential one so we've tried to make it as easy as possible on you. You can arrange insurance with one of our experts in store or simply grab a quote online from our website, and from here you can issue and manage your insurance policy.  Travel Money Oz has partnered with Cover-More, one of Australia's leading travel insurance and medical assistance providers.

What policies do you offer?

As part of the Cover-More product we have two types of policies available; Options - Cover-More’s most comprehensive travel insurance policy, offering top-level cover for your travel plans, medical care and personal possessions. And Travelsure - Travelsure provides you with comprehensive insurance focusing only on the coverage you believe you need. Both Product Disclosure Statements are available on our website.

Who can I contact if I need to make a claim with my travel insurance?

In order to make a claim, you will need to contact Cover-More. Claims need to be submitted within 60 of your return date from travel. There are several overseas numbers provided on your policy should you need to speak with someone urgently including a number in Australia when dialling from overseas. Alternatively, you can process a claim online at

How does the 24/7 Medical Assistance work with Cover-More?

"All Cover-More Travel Insurance policyholders have access to our globally available, 24/7 in-house emergency medical and travel assistance team. Cover-More’s highly experienced emergency medical assistance team works out of Brisbane, Sydney, Shanghai and Kuala Lumpur. With over 280 people in our global medical team, including 10 doctors, 38 registered nurses, numerous psychologists, case managers and support professionals, we are equipped to deliver care to thousands of customers every year, whenever and wherever they may need it. Call us immediately if * You are admitted to hospital or if you anticipate your expenses will exceed $500. This allows us to manage your case and determine the best options for your care.
* You need help finding an English speaking doctor while travelling *You need help for lost or stolen passports or travel documents *You need local legal help"

Can you cover me for snow skiing/snowboarding?

Yes. You can add cover for snow skiing and snowboarding for an extra premium. Get a quote online or speak to your travel consultant. Please be aware there is no cover if you are: Snow skiing or snowboarding off-piste, Racing or Participating in a professional capacity

Will I be covered for a sporting or racing event overseas?

Cover-More Travel Insurance offers cover for many different types of sporting activities as long as the activity is not undertaken in a professional capacity and not listed in the General Exclusions section of the PDS. There is no cover for participation in any races other than on foot (i.e. walking or running).

Can I buy Cover-More Travel Insurance for a one-way trip?

Yes. Depending on your age, the Options or Essentials plans cover trips up to 12 months duration in an ‘Area 1’ destination (Worldwide which includes the USA/Canada/Africa) and trips up to 18 months duration for all other destinations.

I'm going overseas for a year - can I get cover?

In most cases, yes. Depending on your age and where you are travelling to, Cover-More Travel Insurance policies allow you to stay away for a maximum of 12 or 18 months.

Can I get Cover-More Travel Insurance if I am pregnant?

Yes, Cover-More offers cover for pregnancy to protect you up to the 24th week (23 weeks, 6 days). According to the World Health Organisation, the safest time for pregnant women to travel is the second trimester. In some instances, you may need to complete a medical assessment form as part of the insurance application process.

Am I covered for existing medical conditions?

Options and Travelsure policies automatically cover some existing medical conditions with no additional premium required. Please see the Product Disclosure Statement for details. If you meet the criteria for automatic cover for all of your medical conditions, you can check ‘No’ existing medical conditions when you complete the purchase form. If you have any medical conditions not automatically covered or any other existing medical conditions you will need to call Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 for a quote and a quick assessment over the phone and, if approved, an additional premium will apply for the cover of your conditions. Some conditions cannot be covered.

What do I do if my luggage is delayed by an airline or transport provider?

If a transport provider overseas delays all pieces of your checked luggage for more than 24 hours, you can claim for the purchase of essential items of clothing and toiletries. These limits are: Options: Up to $500 for delays in excess of 24 hours and another $500 for delays in excess of 72 hours. Travelsure: Up to $375 for delays in excess of 24 hours and another $375 for delays in excess of 72 hours. In such an event you must obtain a report from the transport provider confirming the delay and how long it was delayed for.

Can a friend or family member speak to Cover-More regarding my claim while I am still overseas?

If you would like someone to lodge a claim on your behalf, anyone can log onto the Online Claims portal as long as they have your policy details. Our Claims team will contact you to make sure that we have all the correct details before assessing your claim. If you need someone to act on your behalf to amend your policy coverage, we will require you to provide the authority. If you wish to list someone as having authority to speak or act on your behalf, please contact us and provide the name and DOB or mobile number as a way of identifying the person. Please contact us on 1300 72 88 22 or via the Live Chat feature on our website to chat directly with our Customer Service team.

Can I call to see how my claim is progressing?

If you would like to check the status of an existing claim, you can log onto the Online Claims portal, which will show you the status of all the claims associated with your policy. You can also contact our Claims team by dialling 1300 72 88 22 and selecting the option for ‘Existing Claims’. Please note that the claims process takes approximately 10 working days.

What does the Money Back Guarantee** offer me?

We offer a full refund of the cost of your policy if your policy is still within the 15-business day cooling off period, you have not already travelled, and you are not making a claim on your policy. Please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 72 88 22 or via the Live Chat feature on our website.