There are a few specific requirements for different types of claims, so please consult the Product Disclosure Statement for the full instructions and requirements. The following requirements are for the most common claims.
- You must take all responsible steps to prevent or minimise a claim
- Do not make any offer, promise or payment or admit fault or liability without the written consent of Cover-More
- You must advise Cover-More of any claim or incident which may result in a claim as soon as possible and within 60 days of your return date as shown on your policy
- You must supply any supporting documents that Cover-More may request, such as original police reports, receipts, valuations and/or medical certificates, at your own expense and you must cooperate fully in the assessment or investigation of your claim
- If you need to make a claim for more than one event, please do so separately by submitting additional claims
Loss or theft of property
If your luggage, personal property, travel documents or money is lost or stolen, it must be reported to the police and responsible transport provider (if it was lost or stolen whilst in the care of the transport provider) within 24 hours and you need to obtain a written report.
If you are admitted to hospital or anticipate your medical expenses and additional expenses are likely to exceed $500 Australian dollars, you must phone Cover-More Emergency Medical Assistance as soon as possible. The phone numbers can be found on the Cover-More website.
Supporting documentation you will need
The more information you can provide to Cover-More to support your claim, the faster it can be processed. The minimum required documentation is outlined below for each of the claim types. You can find full instructions within your Product Disclosure Statement. If you’re making a claim online, you can simply upload scanned copies of your documents but please hold onto the originals.
If you are still waiting on relevant documentation to be issued, don't worry, you’re able to complete your claim form now and add the documents to it when they become available. All claims and supporting documentation must be received within 60 days of the return date of your trip, as listed on your travel insurance policy. If you have concerns about your documents being available in this time frame, please contact Cover-More.