Cover for Existing Medical Conditions
Worried about cover for pre-existing medical conditions? Cover-More offers automatic cover for some pre-existing medical conditions (so long as you meet the requirements). If all your conditions are not automatically covered, apply for cover by completing a fast, over-the-phone medical assessment.
Automatically covered conditions
The following medical conditions are automatically covered, subject to terms listed in the Product Disclosure Statement. These terms include the severity of the condition and how recently your condition has required medical attention. If all of your conditions meet these requirements to be automatically covered, you can purchase your travel insurance online and click ‘No’ to medical questions.
- Bell's Palsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease
- Congenital Blindness
- Congenital Deafness
- Ear Grommets
- Gastric Reflux
- Grave's Disease
- Hiatus Hernia
- Hip/Knee/Shoulder Replacement
- Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol)
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peptic/Gastric Ulcer
- Plantar Fascitis
- Raynaud's Disease
- Skin Cancer (excluding Melanoma)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Underactive/Overactive Thyroid
Conditions that can not be covered
Under no circumstances is cover available on this policy for claims directly or indirectly arising from or exacerbated by:
- Your terminal illness;
- conditions involving drug or alcohol dependency;
- travel booked or undertaken against the advice of a medical practitioner;
- routine or cosmetic medical or dental treatment, even if Your Existing Medical Condition has been approved; or
- conditions for which you are travelling to seek advise, treatment or review or to participate in a clinical trial.
Conditions that will need to be assessed
If all of your conditions do not meet the requirements to be automatically covered, call Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 to complete an easy over-the-phone medical assessment. Cover-More will inform you if they can cover your condition and if it will affect your premium. Be sure to mention ‘Key to the World’ so you can still enjoy the benefits.
Heart conditions, lung conditions or reduced immunity
Any traveller who has ever been diagnosed with a heart condition or a lung condition (not including asthma if under the age of 60) or any traveller with reduced immunity (e.g. as a result of medical treatment or a medical condition) will need to call Cover-More on 1300 72 88 22 to complete a medical assessment.