What currencies can I load on my card?
Up to 10! They include... USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD, THB and AUD. If you're heading somewhere and their currency isn't one of the above, no stress - load in AUD and withdraw the local currency from an ATM. Or swipe/tap as normal and it will convert as you go with each transaction.
How can I load my card?
You have a few options. You can load money onto your card using the Travel Money Oz app, or by logging into your account on our website - from here, you can load via Debit or Credit Card (including by Google or Apple Pay), or via Bank Transfer using Poli (a secure instant bank transfer method), or you can load your Currency Pass in any of our stores nationwide. You can also reload your card with BPAY at any time from your online banking account (2-3 days for BPAY transfers to appear on your card).
How much does it cost to reload my card?
If you reload your card instore we're not going to charge you any fees. There are also reload fees depending on which payment method you opt for. Please refer to our Fees for more information.
How do I reload using BPAY?
The important things about BPAY are below..
1. It will take 2-3 business days for your BPAY transfer to appear and the rate used will be the rate of the day the load is applied, not the day the transaction is initiated.
2. If this is a new card, make sure you card is activated before you try load (you'll know it's activated if it's already got money on it)
3. Biller Code: 184416. Reference: Your 16 digit card number.
4. Funds will appear in your defaut currency (which may be AUD). From here, distribute between currencies using the "transfer between currencies" feature.
How do I reload via Bank Transfer?
1. Log into my.travelmoneyoz.com and click the Load Money button, along with the currency and amounts.
2. On the payment screen, select the Bank Transfer by Polipay option.
3. From here, you'll be directed to the Poli platform to log into your bank account.
4. Once you've logged in and selected your account, you may be sent a code from your bank to verify the transaction.
5. Once complete, you will be redirected back to our website where you will get a confirmation of the successful transaction and load.
I'm getting a reload error message, what should I do?
If you see an error during your reload this means your card has not been loaded (even if you see the funds pending in your bank balance). Please contact us via email@example.com before you re-attempt your transaction.
Why do I receive a reload authorisation SMS?
We use extra authentication as a security measure when you reload funds. This SMS is sent from your bank, not us, so it will be the phone number you have listed with your bank. If you can't receive the SMS, you'll need to contact your bank to update your details.
As an alternative, try reloading using BPAY however, if we're a new payee, it's possible your bank still may need to send a SMS.
How long does it take for my funds to be loaded onto my card?
How quickly do you need the money? Credit / debit card or bank transfers (via Poli) are instantly available. BPAY will take a little longer, this is on average 3 business days. Alternatively, come and see us in store at one of our 140+ locations for more immediate assistance.
How do I transfer between currencies?
Follow the below steps to transfer between currencies:
- Log into your account by clicking on the login/register button at the top of the Travel Money Oz website.
- Once you're in, click on the Currency Card tab, and select Transfer between currencies.
- Select the currency you wish to transfer from, and to. From here you can enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- You will then see the amount of the new currency, along with the rate in which the transfer is completed.
- Don't forget to click "Confirm Transfer" to complete your transfer
How do I change my card's default currency?
To start, make sure you're logged into the Currency Pass portal then...
1. Select Currency Card in the top menu, and Currency Card Settings
2. Then click on the set default currency button
Once this change is made, any unquoted Bank transfer or BPAY loads will land in the default purse.
What happens if I run out of one currency on my card, but still have funds in another?
If a purchase cannot be completed because there are not enough funds in that currency on your card and you do have other currencies, the card will automatically convert other currencies to complete the purchase. The transaction will be split across 2 or more currencies and will appear that way on your statement. Read more about this in our PDS.
What is the minimum/maximum amount I can load on to my card?
The minimum amount you can load is $20 (AUD) but who are you kidding, you'll be spending alot more than that on your holiday.
The maximum amount you can load onto your Currency Pass in one load is $10,000 (AUD). If you need more though, just speak to us in store.
Why are there limits on how much I can withdraw and spend each day?
This is a security feature to protect your spending money and should you misplace your card it simply means that someone can't access everything. The limits currently in place are; ATM withdrawals up to $3000 AUD or equivalent per day. EFTPOS maximum is $100 AUD without a pin and $15000 AUD during any 24 hour period (requiring pin authorisation). There are however some countries with a lower ATM withdrawal limit, like Thailand which is 20,000THB (around $800AUD).
What is the maximum amount I can use contactless payment for?
In most cases, contactless payment can be made for purchases up to the equivalent of $100 AUD. Transaction limits for contactless transactions may change from time to time. For transactions above the limit, additional authorisation is required, usually the cards PIN. Different transaction limits apply in different countries.
Still need assistance? Contact us on:
Australia - 1800 098 231
UK – 0800 056 0572
USA/Canada – 1877 465 0085
Japan – 00531 780 221
Thailand – 001800 442 212
New Zealand – 0800 444 691
Hong Kong – 800 966 321
South Korea – 00798 4434 1279
Other countries – +44 207 649 9404