Up to 10! They include... USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD, THB and AUD. If you're heading somewhere and their currency isn't one of the above, no stress - load in AUD and withdraw the local currency from an ATM. Or swipe/tap as normal and it will convert as you go with each transaction.
- What currencies can I load on my card?
- How can I load my card?
- How much does it cost to reload my card?
- How do I reload using BPAY?
- How do I reload via Bank Transfer?
- I'm getting a reload error message, what should I do?
- Why do I receive a reload authorisation SMS?
- How long does it take for my funds to be loaded onto my card?
- How do I transfer between currencies?
- How do I change my card's default currency?
- What happens if I run out of one currency on my card, but still have funds in another?
- What is the minimum/maximum amount I can load on to my card?
- Why are there limits on how much I can withdraw and spend each day?
- What is the maximum amount I can use contactless payment for?
- Still need assistance? Contact us on:
You have a few options. You can load money onto your card using the Travel Money Oz app, or by logging into your account on our website - from here, you can load via Debit or Credit Card (including by Google or Apple Pay), or via Bank Transfer using Poli (a secure instant bank transfer method), or you can load your Currency Pass in any of our stores nationwide. You can also reload your card with BPAY at any time from your online banking account (2-3 days for BPAY transfers to appear on your card).
The important things about BPAY are below..
1. It will take 2-3 business days for your BPAY transfer to appear and the rate used will be the rate of the day the load is applied, not the day the transaction is initiated.
2. If this is a new card, make sure you card is activated before you try load (you'll know it's activated if it's already got money on it)
3. Biller Code: 184416. Reference: Your 16 digit card number.
4. Funds will appear in your defaut currency (which may be AUD). From here, distribute between currencies using the "transfer between currencies" feature.
1. Log into my.travelmoneyoz.com and click the Load Money button, along with the currency and amounts.
2. On the payment screen, select the Bank Transfer by Polipay option.
3. From here, you'll be directed to the Poli platform to log into your bank account.
4. Once you've logged in and selected your account, you may be sent a code from your bank to verify the transaction.
5. Once complete, you will be redirected back to our website where you will get a confirmation of the successful transaction and load.
If you see an error during your reload this means your card has not been loaded (even if you see the funds pending in your bank balance). Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org before you re-attempt your transaction.
How quickly do you need the money? Credit / debit card transfers are instantly available. Bank transfers will take 1 business day (Mon-Fri) and prior to 2pm AEST. BPAY will take a little longer, this is on average 3 business days. Alternatively, come and see us in store at one of our 140+ locations for more immediate assistance.
Follow the below steps to transfer between currencies:
- Log into your account by clicking on the login/register button at the top of the Travel Money Oz website.
- Once you're in, click on the Currency Card tab, and select Transfer between currencies.
- Select the currency you wish to transfer from, and to. From here you can enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- You will then see the amount of the new currency, along with the rate in which the transfer is completed.
- Don't forget to click "Confirm Transfer" to complete your transfer
To start, make sure you're logged into the Currency Pass portal then...
1. Select Currency Card in the top menu, and Currency Card Settings
2. Then click on the set default currency button
Once this change is made, any unquoted Bank transfer or BPAY loads will land in the default purse.
If a purchase cannot be completed because there are not enough funds in that currency on your card and you do have other currencies, the card will automatically convert other currencies to complete the purchase. The transaction will be split across 2 or more currencies and will appear that way on your statement. Read more about this in our PDS.
The minimum amount you can load is $20 (AUD) but who are you kidding, you'll be spending alot more than that on your holiday.
The maximum amount you can load onto your Currency Pass in one load is $10,000 (AUD). If you need more though, just speak to us in store.
This is a security feature to protect your spending money and should you misplace your card it simply means that someone can't access everything. The limits currently in place are; ATM withdrawals up to $3000 AUD or equivalent per day. EFTPOS maximum is $100 AUD without a pin and $15000 AUD during any 24 hour period (requiring pin authorisation). There are however some countries with a lower ATM withdrawal limit, like Thailand which is 20,000THB (around $800AUD).
In most cases, contactless payment can be made for purchases up to the equivalent of $100 AUD. Transaction limits for contactless transactions may change from time to time. For transactions above the limit, additional authorisation is required, usually the cards PIN. Different transaction limits apply in different countries.
- Australia - 1800 098 231
- UK – 0800 056 0572
- USA/Canada – 1877 465 0085
- Japan – 00531 780 221
- Thailand – 001800 442 212
- New Zealand – 0800 444 691
- Hong Kong – 800 966 321
- South Korea – 00798 4434 1279
- Other countries – +44 207 649 9404