Tips for getting the most out of your Currency Card
Here are a few tips to help you keep your funds for fun, not fees.
- Always choose ‘Credit’ when paying or withdrawing (‘Savings’ will be declined in many cases, which is not only more expensive, but is far more awkward as well).
- Retailers may seem sweet by offering to let you pay in Australian Dollars, but they may be hiding some sneaky surcharges in the exchange, so always pay using a local currency.
- Use a regular credit card for deposits at hotels or cruise ships rather than your Currency Card, because they’ll often hold a pretty large amount as security, which means you go without your precious local currency.
- Make sure you have all the currencies you’ll need for your adventure.
- If you can, try and find out if ATMs will charge an additional fee before using one, then always stick to the cheapest ATMs.